Friday, February 26, 2010

Go Canada Go!

I never bothered before to watch hockey even though Canucks was playing. It's because I don't like violence and that is what I see when I watch this game. So I'd rather just watch something else on TV.

But this week is an exception. This is Olympics! And Canada has a big chance for the gold. So even though I don't understand the game -- except that the puck needs to go inside the net -- here I am, glued to the TV.

Canada is leading in the Men's Hockey semi-finals, 2 - 0, against Slovakia. Watching right now. 2nd period. Inside the arena you'd see a sea of red -- mostly Canadians rallying to support Team Canada. I'm not surprised that stores in the Lower Mainland had run out of the red/white hockey jerseys! This is just the semi-finals. What more if in the finals, Canada will play against the US team, just like Sunday's game.

I would love to watch that game, if ever. And there's a big chance.. a very big chance. But for now, I'll be content to sit here in the comfort of my home -- cheering and rooting for team Canada. Go Canada Go!

Oooppss.. by the way, Sidney Crosby is a one good-looking hockey player. So after the Olympics, will I be watching NHL especially the Penguins game? Let's see.

No comments: