Tuesday, September 30, 2008

MBM

With a smile she greets you

This mother of two

No matter what you do

She'll always be there for you.

Way back in 2004. I called her up to ask something. When Marvin answered, I asked for his Mom. "Hi Marvin, can I talk to your beautiful Mom?" I know he was quite stunned for there was dead air there. Quickly recovering, he politely told me to hold on. But I sensed his smile - ear to ear.

There on, she was frequently referred to as MBM - Marvin's Beautiful Mom. Belle even signs some of her emails as MBM. Gutsy? Yes. But I don't have any objection. For this woman of substance is indeed beautiful, inside out.

Met Belle through my former employer, Lisa. Really didn't expect to be friends with her. Didn't think there's anything common between us.

However, time proved that this smiling lady is worth calling a friend. Even more than that as I consider her and her family part of my Canadian family.

Belle is a warm, loving, thoughtful person. Very sincere and sensitive, logical and smart. She's not judgemental. Affable and has a pleasing personality. Last year when I was at the lowest point of my life, she was very supportive and I know and I felt she was just a phone call away.

I am fortunate to have met her and I thank the Lord for that!

No comments: